Center for International Student Access
IMMEDIATE OPENING AVAILABLE
The Center for International Student Access (CISA) in the Office of the Provost has an immediate opening for a part-time Programming Assistant to provide administrative and logistical support for CISA student events. Candidates will be selected based on their qualifications and experience.
- Coordinate student event logistics, which includes but is not limited to: Scheduling rooms, Ordering food, Requesting event supplies, and Organizing peer support attendance at events
- Provide administrative support for CISA student activities, including directing office visitors and calls, filing confidential documents, and organizing/ordering event supplies.
- Assist with writing and designing pre-event advertising and post-event evaluations and reports.
- Promote CISA and campus events using social media.
- Collaborate on writing and updating online resources, guidebooks, and publications.
- Other related projects as assigned.
- Must be a graduate student at George Mason University.
- Must have a demonstrated interest in event planning.
- Must be able to work independently with attention to detail on multiple concurrent projects.
- Previous administrative support experience desirable.
Commitment: The part-time position requires 29 hours per week, including some evening hours. Employment begins in January 2014.
Non-negotiable salary/benefit package: $12.00/hour with 6 credits of in-state tuition. Please note: This position is not eligible for health insurance benefits.
Supervision: The Programming Assistant reports directly to the Program Specialist, but may also report to the LLC Coordinator and BRIDGE Program Coordinator, depending on the assignment. Work is performed at the Fairfax Campus.
How to Apply: Online applications are currently being accepted online at: https://gmu-csm.symplicity.com/students/. Job number is 88972.
Contact: Questions should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.