The Center for International Student Access (CISA) is looking for graduate students for the 2014 spring semester to work in a discipline-based, scholarly partnership with international graduate students and faculty members associated with the BRIDGE Program (http://cisa.gmu.edu/bridge/). This position will start on January 13, 2014 and may continue for multiple semesters, depending upon student enrollment and the needs of the Scholars Program. CISA is specifically looking for graduate students in the following areas:
- Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Software Engineering
Compensation for each position will be $500 – $2,500.00 per semester depending upon the number of students supported, to be disbursed to student accounts mid-semester. Compensation is issued in the form of a tuition grant/scholarship and is applied toward tuition and fees.
Applicants must fulfill the following criteria:
– Demonstrate excellent English language proficiency in both oral and written communication;
– Completed at least 18 credits of graduate coursework in their field
– Hold a GPA of 3.5 or higher.
NOTE: Applicants do not need to be full-time students, but they must be enrolled for spring, as the compensation amount will go toward the cost of tuition.
Recipients will be assigned to graduate students in related majors, or to specific BRIDGE courses, and are responsible for the following scholarly activities during the academic year:
– Meeting with assigned BRIDGE students once weekly to discuss writing, assignments, and experiences required in the discipline;
– Meeting with the program coordinator monthly to discuss student needs
– Peer Review and (discipline-based) feedback on writing samples; and
– Consulting with program faculty on experience and knowledge communities in the field.
These activities will average approximately one (1) to five (5) hours per week depending upon the number of students supported.
Doctoral students will receive priority consideration.
All applications materials must be submitted through HireMason for job number 88275. They are due no later than January 8, 2014.